I can appreciate a brand new novel as much as I love a dusty old second-hand well-read Terry Pratchett.
I’ve always been a reader. As a young child, my library card was always being put to good use. Taking out books and receiving them as gifts was exciting. I couldn’t wait to dive into a good book that would take me into magical worlds or where I could pretend to be some amazing person having adventures.
And nothing has changed.
I’ve learned to love another type of book – the eBook.
At the moment I have Mobipocket Reader on my Blackberry and I love it. I love reading digital. In June, I’ll be receiving my Kindle from my aunt (Come on, June!) and I’m giddy with excitement. But as with everything, there are pros and cons…
eBooks: The pros
– I don’t know about you but I can’t carry 8000 books around in my bag…
– … I also don’t have shelf space for 8000 books.
– I’m not sure if it’s just me, but I tend read faster and more on an eReader
than on a normal book. Strange but true.
– I don’t carry a very big handbag and an eReader is just so much easier to slip into my bag than a giant hardcover novel.
eBooks: The cons
– I love reading in the bath and I’m not sure I’d be comfortable doing so with an eReader.
– You don’t have to insure books. Lol.
– You don’t get that book smell. You know which one I’m talking about. It’s that awesome smell that libraries have. A room full of eReaders would just smell like a normal old room, wouldn’t it?
So that’s my opinion on eBooks. What’s yours?