If you didn’t know, Daniel and I have been dating for 6 years now. We started dating when I was a wee 17 years old.
After a long time of
hinting requesting a date for when the big question would be asked (because we had agreed it would be happening at some point…), it finally happened!
Just out of the blue, under the guise of a family braai, I walked into my aunt’s house and got a big surprise. I, however, first ignored said surprise because I really wasn’t expecting anything!
Here’s the video evidence. (Yes, there was much shaking and crying – happily)
THE BOARDS I’M READING SAY:
1) Don’t ask any questions… Just read. :)
2) Behind me is a row of people – each one also holding a sheet. All you need to do (for now) is read each one OUT LOUD!
3) 6 years ago
4) I thought you made me the happiest man in the world…
5) 6 years on…
6) And my heart still pounds when I think about how much I love you!
7) And I’ve come to realise
8) There is only one way that I can be happier…
The boards I had to read out loud were a speech that Daniel had written. It was so sweet and romantic, just like the man himself. I couldn’t be happier with the proposal and the entire day.
More than anything, the huge amount of tweets, Facebook messages and Instagram comments that Danny and I received to congratulate us was amazing! We really felt the love. Thank you, everyone!
And again, to my family and loved ones that made the day so amazing and special – Thank you. You all mean the world to me!
Now for the planning! Warp speed ahead! (But not too fast, weddings are expensive.)